Thank you for your interest in applying for a rental home represented by Secure One Properties!
Please review our guidelines and policies thoroughly. If you then feel you meet the qualification guidelines, we encourage you to apply.
Approval Guidelines for your Application
The following are specific points that will lead to an approved application. Most all approved applicants will score well on all points. Any point followed by ** not being satisfactory is cause for an automatic application decline.
- Applicants all have a FICO score above 650
- Applicants combined income level is more than three times the amount of the rent of the property**
- Applicants income or ability to pay rent is verifiable**
- Applicants each have at least three “established" credit accounts showing a user history**
- No unlawful detainer or eviction actions **
- No current 3-day notice to pay rent or quit**
- No bankruptcy that has not been discharged **
- No collection filed by a landlord or property management company. **
- Applicants are cooperative on all aspects of the application process**
- Applicants are free of criminal conviction in the past 7 years, where the offense was for trafficking of narcotics or a charge that could make the applicant a threat to persons or property. **
- Applicants agree this is a non-smoking property including but not limited to tobacco, vape, marijuana **
- Applicants all have a valid photo ID such as driver's license, Military ID, State ID, Passport **
- Applicants with pet(s) have reviewed and agree to our pet policies**. See policies below.
- Landlord references are verifiable and favorable for at least the past 24 months**
- The lease term is for a year unless other agreement has been made with the management company**
- Application is fully complete without misrepresentations **
- Requested lease start date is within 2 weeks from the date the property is available. Check the available date in the advertisement.
- Applicants all have seen the property
- No collections showing an outstanding balance. The collection has been paid in full and proof provided.
- No unsatisfied judgments or liens.
- Not more than 60 days late on any account opened or closed within the last 3 years
- Businesses in most cases cannot be operated from the property.
Please check our advertisement to see if a pet will be considered on this property. All of our available properties differ in pet policies regarding what kind of pet, weight, and number of pets allowed. Pet rent or added security deposit may apply. Many of our homes are pet friendly. Additional fees and or security deposit may be required for pets. Unfortunately, our insurance company will not allow the following dog breeds, even in our pet friendly homes:
- Any dog known to have vicious tendencies or known to have previously bitten someone is not permitted. Any dog (puppy) under the age of one year is not allowed.
- Ferrets are not allowed.
- All pet reptiles, amphibians, rodents and birds must be caged and must be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Dog breeds other than those listed above and cats are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Any negative reference from prior landlords regarding pets will be grounds for disqualification.
- Resident agrees to carry insurance covering pet's actions.
- In the case of questions, the Landlord will make the final determination as to the breed or classification of any animal.
Application Selection Criteria
Applicants understand that more than one application may be received on this property. We do not approve residents on a “first-come, first-served" basis. If more than one application is submitted at the same time (or similar time), approval is based on a best-qualified basis and on the property owner's requirements. The property will remain on the market during the application process and will only be taken off the market when a resident has accepted the property. Until a lease is signed, and funds received, the property will remain on the rentals available list.
Approved Application - Lease Signing Process
- If you (including all adult applicants) are approved based on credit history, income and rental reference/history, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for lease signing at our office.
- The full security deposit and first month's rent must be paid by cashier's check or money order, at our office, at lease signing.
- The lease signing is to occur within 2 business days of approval. Hours for lease signing are Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Photo ID is required at the signing of the lease.
Required Resident Liability Insurance
All Residents are required to maintain property damage liability insurance. Coverage is required in the amount of at least three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000.) for damage to both Landlord's and third parties' property with the provisions covering at least the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, accidental water discharge, sewer backup and pets. Residents are required to name Secure One Properties as an “Interested Party." Proof of insurance must be provided before receiving keys.
Coming from the San Fernando Valley on the 101 Freeway, exit Westlake Blvd. and turn right at the end of the off ramp onto Westlake Blvd. Take your next right onto Thousand Oaks Blvd. Immediately get in the left lane on Thousand Oaks Blvd. Then take your next left at Promenade Way. Our building is white and on your immediate left is our parking lot: 4055 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. #125 Westlake Village, Ca. 91362
Code of Ethics
We, the members of the California Apartment Association, recognize our duty to the public and to those individuals who choose to reside in rental housing. Being ever mindful of the increasing role of the rental housing industry in providing homes, we have united ourselves for the purpose of improving the services and conditions of the rental housing industry. Therefore, we adopt this Code of Ethics as our guide in dealing with all people.
- We conduct ourselves in an honest and ethical manner at all times to better the communities of which we are a part.
- We comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the rental housing industry.
- We adhere to all fair housing principles.
- We respect the rights and responsibilities of our residents and diligently respond to their requests.
- We believe that every resident is entitled to the quiet enjoyment of a safe and habitable residence.
- We strive to conserve natural resources and to preserve the environment.
- We believe in the value of contracts and their enforcement.
- We believe in the importance of continuing education for rental housing owners, managers, and residents.
We maintain an equitable and cooperative relationship among the members of this association and with all others who may become a part of this industry in order to further the interest of all members of this association.